Various Artists - Pebbles Vol. One - 1979 - US/Canada - Garage Rock - vinyl - 16-48 - flac - BFD Records – BFD-5016



Tracklist

A1 - The Litter - Action Woman
Written-By – Warren Kendrick
A2 - The Preachers (2) - Who Do You Love
Written-By – Ellas McDaniel
A3 - Floyd Dakil Combo - Dance Franny Dance
Written-By – Floyd Dakil
A4 - The Outcasts (4) - I'm In Pittsburgh (And It's Raining)
Written-By – Jim Carsten
A5 - The Squires - Going All The Way
Written-By – Michael Bouyea
A6 - Grains Of Sand - Going Away Baby
Written-By, Producer – Michael Lloyd
A7 - The Jujus - You Treat Me Bad
Written-By – Raymond Joseph Hummel
A8 - The Haunted (2) - 1-2-5
Written-By – Bob Burgess (2), Jurgen Peter
B1 - The Soup Greens - Like A Rolling Stone
Written-By – Bob Dylan
B2 - The Wig - Crackin' Up
Written-By – Rusty Wier
B3 - Positively 13 O'Clock - Psychotic Reaction
Written-By – Craig Atkinson, John Byrne (2), John Michalski, Kenn Ellner, Roy Chaney
Producer – Jimmy Rabbitt, Robin Hood Brians
B4 - Kim Fowley - The Trip
Written-By – Dennis Hardesty, Kim Fowley, Paul Geddeff
B5 - The Elastik Band - Spazz
Written-By – David Cortopassi
B6 - The Split Ends - Rich With Nothin'
Written-By – Bruce Knox, Dan Eliassen
B7 - The Shadows Of Knight - Potato Chip
Written-By – The Shadows Of Knight
B8 - The Wilde Knights - Beaver Patrol
Written-By – Rich Brown (3), Richard Dey

I've been wanting to make this post for a long time.
One of my favorite albums. Found by accident circa 1980 in a shop where I would not have imagined finding a copy of this gem.
Then, in the early 90's, I bought the whole series at Helter Skelter Records!

On the CD reissue, Various Artists Pebbles Volume 1 Original '60s Punk & Psych Classics - CD - 1992 AIP Records - AIP CD 5016, missing A5 - The Squires - Going All The Way and B2 - The Wig - Crackin' Up, but there are 4 more songs, including one by Echo & The Bunnymen that I don't understand what has to do with it ...

My rip sounds cleaner, whereas whoever made the CD must have made it from a pretty bad copy of the vinyl.

Enjoy!
rawkin' dog







Comentários

  1. my own vinyl rip - 16-48 - flac
    https://mega.nz/file/r4gFkR6I#rShzwf_ah0NnG1_7p9Lc7ltQhTnVW7jy8Lfh1eddwGo

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I remember years ago Vol 3 blew me away!!

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Number 3 is definitely among the best in the series, maybe the best, sooner or later I'll post more!

      Excluir
  3. Hi.
    The Echo & The Bunnymen track was a cover of The Litter's "Action Woman" and was marked on the cover as surprise track. So I imagine the compilers felt they were giving the listener a freebie. This had the benefit of showing that the CD contents had influenced modern groups. In that regard I can't complain. Of course every website shows that it was Echo & The Bunnymen and dropped the pretence.
    That track only came out officially in 2001 on the Crystal Days compilation, and the "secret" was widely known when I bought the CD in 1992 so perhaps, being cynical, it was an attempt to draw in modern audiences.
    On a different note. Pebbles was, AFAIK, the first compilation series to follow up on the original Nuggets 2LP. Made by Greg Shaw and totally illegal, they always had a reputation for poor sound. A vast contrast to the Rubble series for instance. Oddly they were comparatively easy to obtain. I never once saw a Boulders compilation.
    Not that I'm complaining. Even though I have the CD I still am grateful for this post

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário

Postagens mais visitadas